STCW Basic Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting
The facility used for this course is also used by the Fire Service to conduct their training. In all our courses STCW Training UK Ltd feel the best training is provided by the subject matter experts in their field. There are few better instructors in the field of fire-fighting than career served fire-fighters.
This course gives the knowledge of the ways in which fires are caused and the precautions to be taken to minimise the risk of fires in ships. It involves considerable practical fire fighting wearing state of the art equipment and includes:
* Fire alarm and detection systems
* Fire fighting equipment and tactics
* The impact of fire fighting techniques on stability during marine incidents
* Fire fighting in ports, at sea and inland waterways
* Action on arrival & operational considerations
* Effects of heat and humidity & the removal and cooling of hot gases
* Hose management and use of fire fighting media.
* Response to emergency situations involving fires
* Fire fighting and fire extinguishing using portable equipment
* The use of breathing apparatus
During this course you will ultimately learn how to act as an effective member of a fire fighting party.
Duration: 2 Days
This module is carried out in Plymouth, Devon