STCW Basic Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (including update training)
Our MCA approved on-site facility is operated by our sister company, STCW Fire Training Ltd. It uses a modern fire training rig with gas fired cribs and synthetic non-toxic smoke to produce a very realistic, controllable, environmentally friendly and safe training environment.
All our courses at STCW Training UK Ltd are instructed by the subject matter experts in their field. There are few better instructors in the field of fire-fighting than career served fire-fighters, so we use instructors who are very experienced in the maritime fire training sector.
This course gives the knowledge of the ways in which fires are caused and the precautions to be taken to minimise the risk of fires in ships. It involves considerable practical fire fighting wearing state of the art Goretex PPE and includes:
* Fire alarm and detection systems
* Fire fighting equipment and tactics
* The impact of fire fighting techniques on stability during marine incidents
* Fire fighting in ports, at sea and inland waterways
* Action on arrival & operational considerations
* Effects of heat and humidity & the removal and cooling of hot gases
* Hose management and use of fire fighting media.
* Response to emergency situations involving fires
* Fire fighting and fire extinguishing using portable equipment
* The use of breathing apparatus
During this course you will ultimately learn how to act as an effective member of a fire fighting party.
Duration: 2 Days
Basic Fire-fighting Update Course
The update course is a mandatory requirement in accordance with the STCW 2010 standard. This one day course refreshes techniques previously learnt in the full 2 day course and may be run separately or in conjunction with a full course. We normally run this course in conjunction with the personal survival techniques course which is the other mandatory course requiring a 5 year update.
Duration: 1 Day